GUEST EDIT: The Hottest Trends This Summer with Vanessa

Blue Maxi with White Jacket

"The colours of Santorini" is always what comes to mind when I see the classic summer combo of blue and white. Thankfully the Katies Summer range features these colours in ample measure, so I was spoilt for choice in putting this look together. I loved this maxi dress for it's flattering cut, its comfortability, and it's ability to be dressed up or down. Adding the tailored crisp white denim jacket really pulled the look together. I'm also a fan of the asymmetric hemline. Not only is this on-trend, it lightens the feel of the dress and allows you to show off a little more of your summer glow (I still need to master that part!)


Denim Skirt with Spotted T-Shirt

When the pencil skirt came back into fashion this season, I could not have been happier. For somebody who lives in denim, it is always great to find options that allow you to wear your favourite go-to's in new (and need I say, sexy!) ways.  For a slightly retro look, I teamed this denim skirt with a micro polka dotted t-shirt, and red accessories. The bright red heels and belt dress up the look and give the whole thing a little "POP". Red lipstick was also a must. I would wear this look to meetings or casual work events, this is a very versatile outfit that I feel ladylike and comfortable in.

Shop the Denim Skirt 


Monochrome

These black linen pants are giving my relationship with denim a run for it's money. I have LIVED in these pants since I got them! The relaxed casual fit is so flattering and right on-trend. I love the tapered leg (not too wide), and the drawstring waist provides a "sports luxe" vibe that is modern yet super-comfortable. Whilst these pants look great with any number of tops from the Katies collection, I decided to stay "monochrome" with this outfit, simply teaming the bottoms with a basic white singlet (tucked in is a MUST) and minimalistic leather slides. Whilst this simple outfit is made for running around in, it also feels quite sophisticated. You can't beat black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment