GUEST EDIT: Workwear with Fiona

When we think of work fashion and outfits suitable for the office, we typically think of the faithful pencil skirt and fitted blazer. But sometimes we want to break free of that mould and wear something a little more comfortable. And other times we'd like to opt for a more office casual look.

Katies have a great selection of fashion pieces that work well for creating sophisticated and comfortable work looks. 

Choosing block colours like red, black and white help to create wardrobe staples that you can easily mix and match to create different outfits. These colours are also all strong and bold, to help you exude confidence and strength in the workplace.

For my first work look, I put together these Black Ruched Pants with a White, Macrame Panel Top to achieve a comfortable but sophisticated outfit. I added my own red blazer and accessorised with this gorgeous, Monochromed Bucket Bag. These pants are insanely comfy. They're like wearing PJ's to work.

My favourite piece: I love the detail on the macrame panel top. It's a simple top but the extra, lace detail changes it from basic, to pretty.



Keen to replicate a pyjama-level of comfort, I teamed these Wide Legged Pants with this simple, mixed media top for this second work look. I tucked-in the Top and added a Waterfall Linen Jacket. So easy to achieve and ticked all the work causal boxes! To add some extra dazzle to this outfit you could add a statement necklace. I like this Love K Multi Strand Necklace.

My favourite piece: I love the Waterfall Linen Jacket. It's great to tie an outfit together and is versatile. It can double as a work jacket and for regular daywear.



I'm a sucker for dresses, particularly for at work. They are so simple to wear. Anything that I can quickly throw on and confidently race out the door in is a winner in my books. The Black, Lace Yolk Dress that I wore for my third work look was no exception. It's detail is gorgeous! Plus, never certain of the weather at this time of year I had my Waterfall Linen Jacket at-the-ready. The beauty of black and white is that they ALWAYS compliment each other to create a classic, sophisticated look.

My favourite piece: I love this Black and White Bucket Bag. For a busy mum on-the-go it has plenty of room for my tablet, oversized wallet, make-up bag, dinosaurs and snacks AKA bribes. 




The brilliance of these three work looks is that they can all be mixed and matched together. But above all, these looks all combine super-comfy and flattering pieces. That's right, you can look good and feel good. Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment