Autumn | Katies Style | Written by Bev from Iris May Style

Not sure what the weather is doing in your neck of the woods, but here in SE QLD nearly everyone is itching for some cooler temps.

Autumn is not really showing its face much around these parts of late.

Most days, temps are still nudging 30 degrees and unless you seek shelter in some Icelandic aircon, its almost impossible to get excited about Autumn/Winter clothes.

But think on beauties, don’t let the sunshine lull you into a false sense of security when it comes to getting your key A/W pieces sorted.

Because happen it will, and when it does, you need to be ready.

I know my southern friends are already having a taste of what A/W is really like…I may be a touch jealous!

Anyhoo, if you’re new around here. You need to know this:

I’m the kinda girl who hyper-ventilates when it comes to making sure all her bases are covered for my wardrobe staples.

Yes, I’ll admit, I can get a tad over-excited when something new sparks interest on my fashion-radar.
Especially so, if I believe I can incorporate/translate the latest trend without compromising my style personality.

Yes, style personality. We all have one. It’s what makes us unique.

Sometimes, I may run with a trend and fall head-over-heels – Hello drop crotch pants. YOU ARE MINE.

Or maybe if I’m a bit unsure, I’ll just offer a nod in that direction.

Either way, I either full on embrace or find a way to have fun.

One thing is for sure, my wardrobe holds no room for regret.

So in my quest to get myself A/W ready a few key pieces have mysteriously found their way into my robe…

Jeans | Window Pane Trench | Biker Jacket

The gorgeous Sonia Styling first brought Katies jeans to my attention last year – it goes without saying, I brought them, right?

I fell in love with just how versatile and comfortable they were.

So I was super-excited to try the new Super Shaper Jeggings.

Anything that says super and shaper in the same sentence deserves my attention – don’t you agree?
Did I mention the price? $49.95

Hell Yeah. I know!

Autumn: Katies Style

Super Shaper Jeans in Dark Denim* (I’m wearing a 12) $49.95 | 3/4 sleeve Hi Lo Pullover* $39.95 | Iris Heels from Country Road (Last Season)

They feel super supportive in all the right places, besides being thick enough to disguise any lumps and bumps that well, quite frankly, need disguising;)

So here’s a couple of way’s I’ll be wearing mine:

Anything monochrome ALWAYS gets my vote on the style stakes….you can take the girl out of England, but you can’t take England out of the girl – blame the weather!

Add some window pane check and BAM the jeggings are still there doing their thing, but the trench now becomes the hero.

Autumn: Katies Style

Window Pane Check Trench* $89.95 | Jeans and shoes as above
This outfit would take me almost anywhere.

Perfect for travelling due to the comfort factor of the jeggings, but still smart enough for a city lunch or a date with your girlfriends.

Add a great bag and your favourite sunnies and you’re good-to-go.

The soft trench is one of my key recommendations for the season.

Throw it over mucky jeans and a tee for a touch of school-Mum glam…no one will ever know what’s lurking underneath – I promise you will still look tres-chic!

Or simply belt it for a more slimline silhouette.

Another A/W trend that refuses to go away is Biker Style.

Autumn: Katies Style

Front Zip PU Jacket* $89.95 | Graphic Print Shirt*$49.95 | Jeans as above | Tatiana Pumps from Nine West $139.95

To be honest, I can’t ever remember a time when my wardrobe didn’t have at least one leather jacket hanging on the rail.

I love the added texture it offers to soft fabrics and denim.

But, unless you have a shed load of cash to part with, I suggest considering pleather.

You get all the benefits without lying awake at night worrying about your poor old bank balance.
Just so you know, everyone that has seen this jacket, actually thought it was leather.

I could easily have opted for traditional black, but instead, I wanted the lift that cream offers denim.

You probably already know I’m more than a tad obsessed with anything winter white anyway – so I just couldn’t pass this beauty by…in fact, if you look close enough I think it has my name plastered all over it;)

The most important thing about the latest trends is to realise they are just that.

Enjoy them, have some fun, but don’t lose who you are in the process.

Instead make the look your own

*These items have been gifted to me for editorial consideration, in accordance with my disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment