Mother's Day | Victoria Interview

Katies Head of Design | Mum of two: Jake, 7 & Ava, 9

What has given you the most joy as a mother?
Watching 2 very different individuals develop their
personalities and grow. One is an easy going creative, the
other a highly sensitive cheeky comic.


Best approach to style vs motherhood? 
Biggest discovery is that you have to have a hand bag
that can go across body so you can be hands free to deal
with anything 2 toddlers do.


What was the most surprising thing about becoming a mum? 
You have no idea about the concept of “lack of sleep”
until you have kids.


Best lesson your mum gave you? 
Stay calm and be patient, kids can be a absolute joy,
but also incredibly challenging.


Best advice for maintaining a work/motherhood balance? 
I make sure I’m there for important school events, it really
means a lot to my kids. At the weekend I make sure I do
one-on-one activites with them. I still have an annual
weekend away with my friends, usually to the Hunter Valley
and odd Saturday night out with my husband. Exercise is
hard to fit in too. Basically it’s hard to balance but you
have to do what feels right for you and your family.


What does Mother’s Day mean to you? 
A day to enjoy my kids. Mother’s day is on a different day in
England so anything special for my mum is done that day.


What’s your ideal way to spend Mother’s Day?
Relaxing with my family and hanging out at home. When you
work full time it’s actually really nice to just be at home.


Chicest mum you know? 
My friend Sam, she’s a designer and Mum of 3. She’s
rocking  all the latest trends in a really chic boho style.


What’s the most amazing thing about being a mum?
Seeing your kids sleeping, they look so beautiful and
peaceful  and you realise how lucky they are that they
have security and love, while there are many poor kids
in the world that are not as fortunate. I remind my kids of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment