Mother's Day | Paula Joye Interview


What has given you the most joy as a mother?
All of it. What did I do with my time before they came along?
Being a Mum is a great privilege.


Best approach to style vs motherhood? 
One shouldn't cancel out the other. Obviously when they are
babies you need clothes that are more practical for breast
feeding, playing on the floor, vomit! But really being a
mother shouldn't compromise what you wear


What was the most surprising thing about becoming a mum? 
The fatigue. Who knew you could be so tired?!


Best lesson your mum gave you? 
Children teach you to be selfless and it's a gift that keeps on giving.


Best advice for maintaining a work/motherhood balance? 
There is no such thing. Some days work and some days don't.
I find that just as I manage to get all my plates spinning at
the same time - one crashes.


What does Mother’s Day mean to you? 
Cake.


What’s your ideal way to spend Mother’s Day?
With my Mum.


Chicest mum you know? 
My grandmother Anne and one of my best girlfriends Penny McCarthy who is Fashion Director of Good Weekend and
Sunday Life.


What’s the most amazing thing about being a mum?
The lessons and the love.


No comments:

Post a Comment